Sweet and Savory Chicken Bites

Posted by Lindsey On 9:26 AM


So I must admit this picture really doesn't do this dish justice. I would love to be able to take good pictures of our dinners, but we usually eat once its already dark out. So bear with me this winter and just take my word for it on our dinner photos. I made this last night and it was super easy and so flavorful. It took me less than 10 minutes to prepare and the hubby and I both really enjoyed these simple chicken bites.

Sweet and Savory Chicken Bites
adapted from The Rachael Ray Magazine

Ingredients
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
1 box lemon flavored gelatin
2 tablespoons poppyseeds

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Add the chicken and let marinade for 15 minutes. On a foiled lined rimmed baking sheet arrange the chicken in a single layer. Pour 1/2 cup of the marinade over the chicken then sprinkle with half of the gelatin, bake for 20 minutes. Flip and sprinkle with the remaining gelatin and poppy seeds, then baked until browned about 15-20 minutes.

0 Response to "Sweet and Savory Chicken Bites"