Pumpkin Whore

Posted by Lindsey On 10:47 AM




I must say that I am quite the pumpkin whore lately. So far I have at least 5 pumpkin spice latte's from Starbucks these past few weeks and I recently went to World Market and I must say they have lots of amazing pumpkin stuff. I picked up pumpkin hand soap, lotion, soup, pasta sauce, candles, etc. So if you are just as obsessed with pumpkin this time of year as I am then check out World Market if you have one near you. I just can't get over this pumpkin obsession this time of year. I made this bread a few weeks ago and luckily I made enough to freeze a few loafs and we have been enjoying this bread just about everyday. I love that there are so many veggies in this bread. I am actually on the last loaf of this bread and I am already jonesing to make some more. This recipe made 3 medium sized loafs for me.

Olive Oil Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
adapted from Pithy and Cleaver



Ingredients
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup delicately flavored olive oil (or 3/4 cup strong olive oil and 1/4 cup safflower oil)
1/2 cup water
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking soda
1.6 cups all purpose flour
1.6 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup grated zucchini
3/4 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup pecan pieces

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease your pans with olive oil.

In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the olive oil, water, pumpkin, and sugar and whisk to combine well.

Add salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and baking soda, and continue whisking until well blended. Add the flour and stir into the wet ingredients using a spatula or wooden spoon until just combined. Stir in zucchini, carrots, raisins and nuts if using.

Pour into prepared loaf pans—do not fill more than 2/3 full as batter will rise. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for ten minutes before removing from pan to cool completely. Keep tightly wrapped, or freeze to enjoy later.


1 Response to "Pumpkin Whore"

  1. mangocheeks Said,

    Lindsey,

    The sweet bread loaf looks fantastic and I'd be so delighted to have a slice.

    I'm envious of your pumpkin hoard: soap, lotion, candles and to eat too - the latte sounds lovely. I wonder if starbucks will do them in the U.K. Mmmm must check it out.