Caramel Macchiato Thumbprints

Posted by Lindsey On 2:11 PM



I am one of those people that must have coffee everyday, The workers at the Starbucks by our apartment know me by name and know my usual orders. I am addicted and am pure evil until I get my caffeine everyday. Anyways before I post this recipe I wanted to share one of my new favorite things. They had these cups for sale around Christmas time and I really wanted to get one, but I didn't get a chance to before they were out of stock. I was bummed, until a few weeks ago I saw they had them for sale again. I of course picked up a venti sized one, which was about 14 dollars and comes with a resuable plastic straw. I love my reusable cup and have used it so many times since I bought it.
Ok anyways back to the recipe. I love iced caramel macchiatos from Starbucks and when I saw this recipe a few months back I knew I wanted to try it out. It was super easy and they turned out fantastic. The cookie really has a strong coffee flavor and the caramel is gooey and the chocolate adds the perfect amount of sweetness. It truly tastes like a caramel macchiato!

Caramel Macchiato Thumbprints from Betty Crocker Online


Ingredients

2teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder or granules
1tablespoon hot water
1pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/4cup all-purpose flour
1/2cup butter or margarine, melted
2teaspoons vanilla
1egg
18caramels (from 14-oz bag), unwrapped
2tablespoons milk
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1teaspoon shortening

Directions

Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, dissolve coffee powder in hot water. Stir in cookie mix,flour, butter, vanilla and egg until very soft dough forms.


Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Using thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie.


Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.


In small microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and milk uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon caramel into indentation in each cookie. Cool 15 minutes.


In another small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let stand about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.

2 Response to "Caramel Macchiato Thumbprints"

  1. Ohhh, I think I have a new favorite cookie! Wow those look amazing, thanks for sharing :)

     

  2. Ange Said,

    I have to make these!