Coconut Almond Tart

Posted by Lindsey On 5:36 AM


Here is another recipe I made for our seder dinner. I love the taste of anything almond, so when I saw this recipe had almond meal and almond paste, I was 100% wanting to try it. You can get really creative with the recipe and top it with whatever you want. I added some strawberries, blueberries and some pistachios for a splash of color and texture. Everyone loved this dessert, even the few people who said they normally don't like coconut.

Coconut Almond Tart with Berries
from Martha Stewart


Ingredients

For the Crust
:Add ImageVegetable-oil cooking spray
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large egg whites
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

For the filling:

1/2 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons arrowroot or cornstarch
2 tablespoons almond paste
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup soy cream cheese, preferably Tofutti
5 tablespoons apricot jam
4 cups assorted berries

Directions

Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch fluted tart pan with cooking spray. Combine remaining ingredients. Press into bottom and up sides of pan.


Make the filling: Scrape vanilla seeds into a small saucepan, and add pod. Stir in soy milk and 2 tablespoons sugar, and bring to a boil. Whisk yolks, arrowroot or cornstarch, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a bowl. Add hot soy milk in a slow, steady stream, whisking until combined. Return to pan, and whisk over medium heat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Discard vanilla pod.

Beat milk mixture and almond paste with a mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes. Beat in almond flour and cream cheese. Spread into tart crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Cover edges with parchment, then foil. Bake until set, 15 to 25 minutes more. Let cool completely in pan on a rack. Unmold. Spread jam evenly over the tart. Arrange berries on top.

16 Response to "Coconut Almond Tart"

  1. Cherine Said,

    Your tart looks delicious!

     

  2. Megan Said,

    Oh wow, that looks delicious. Happy SITS day! :-)

     

  3. Lisa in Oz Said,

    OMG this looks SO good! I'm a huge fan of coconut and fruit in a dessert!

     

  4. Happy SITS day to you!!!

    I know that this is an older post but this was the one that totally caught my eye and that I read first. How incredibly gorgeous is that tart?!? I'm bookmarking this page!

     

  5. simplysandi Said,

    Stopping by from SITS. This tart looks fabulous!

     

  6. Kim Said,

    Lindsey, this looks beautiful! Anything with almond paste and fruit is a winner.

     

  7. Alianna Said,

    This looks AMAZING!
    Happy SITS Day!

     

  8. Jilly Moo Said,

    This is beautiful! I saw your blog on SITS...love it! Your blog makes me hungry!

    www.jillymoos.com

     

  9. Zeemaid Said,

    oh my you're making me hungry and I just ate breakfast! *L*

    I love anything with almond or almond flavoring in it as well. Yum Yum!

    Happy FB Sits day!

     

  10. MommieV Said,

    Happy SITS day! This looks delicious. I've scanned your tags - I'm looking for some slow cooker recipes and I like the chili one you posted. Yummy!

     

  11. Jenny Said,

    Oh My! This looks divine! I love a fruit covered dessert!

    Happy SITS day!

     

  12. OMG this looks heavenly! You are living my dream - I've always wanted to go to culinary arts school. Came over from SITS (Happy SITS Day!) but I will be back :)

     

  13. Melissa Said,

    Congrats on your Sits day! Do you ever give away your deserts?! Ship one to me ASAP!

    This looks delicious. Your pictures are beautiful. I am salivating!

    I love coconut. I may make this for my mom the next time we visit her. My husband would love the hummingbird cake. I've never heard of it before.

    My diet thanks you for absolutely killing it for the day.

     

  14. Wow! This looks delightful! Stopping by from SITS!

     

  15. Jessica Said,

    Visting from SITS.. this tart looks SO good!

     

  16. Alexis Said,

    I love anything coconut!! I'm so making this! Thanks! :)