Eggs in a Fancy Basket

Posted by Lindsey On 7:05 PM

Just a note from me

We are in the middle of a move, so I will not be blogging as frequently. If you are interested in doing some guest blogging for me please shoot me an email at lindseydavis85@gmail.com. Thanks!!

OK now onto a great post by Life and Kitchen. Lindsay is actually my cousin! We never lived around each other so I believe we have only really met a few times when we were both much much younger. We have actually connected over facebook and she has a great blog which I love!



Eggs in a Fancy Basket (healthy style!)



Hello, new friends! If I am going to be a guest blogger in Lindsey’s Kitchen, then I better use the prize that I won off of her site, right? A few weeks ago there was a box sitting on my front porch with a beautiful little plate set and two coupons for free Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. It was so exciting to think about all of the different things that the rolls can be used for. Lindsey had used them for her yummy brie dessert, but I decided to go in a whole different direction… breakfast! My favorite meal of the day!

The point of the dish was to make something that tastes great, but is also healthy. I think that this ended up being the best of both worlds. I kind of made it by the seat of my pants, but somehow ended up successful. Yay! It could probably be made even better if you added in spinach or tomatoes (or if you are feeling naughty, bacon and sausage).

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 package Low Fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1.5 cups egg substitute (or about 6 eggs)
3 Tbsp. skim milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/3 cup 2% shredded cheese

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then take a muffin pan and give it a quick shot of cooking spray. You might not need it, but I did it just to be safe.

Open the crescent rolls and lay the sheet flat on a clean surface. It comes in 4 rectangles (made up of 8 triangles). Separate the 4 rectangles from each other, but don’t tear the triangles apart! You actually use your hands to kind of smush the two triangles together and get rid of the seam. Then cut each rectangle in half and put each of the (now 8) smaller squares into a muffin cup.

In a mixing bowl, beat the egg substitute, milk, salt, and pepper together and fill each crescent cup with the mix. Once they are all filled, sprinkle each cup with cheese.



Bake the cups for 15 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are golden brown and the eggs are puffy and cooked through.

Enjoy!

Check out Lindsay's blog, Life and Kitchen!

8 Response to "Eggs in a Fancy Basket"

  1. Paige Said,

    Those look yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Just stopping by from SITS to say Hello.

     

  2. Gay Vaughan Said,

    Oh wow! Those are so yummy looking! And sounds like something even I can make. Stopping in via SITS to say hi.

     

  3. Anonymous Said,

    Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

     

  4. w Said,

    these look great! thanks for sharing. i wonder if i make googly eyes at my hubby... if he'll make them for me.

     

  5. Hey by way of SITS! THese look tasty. I believe my three year will like these.

     

  6. Helene Said,

    Those look SO good!!!! I've bookmarked your blog...I love reading cooking blogs!!

    Found you through SITS!

     

  7. I'm just browsing around, getting hungrier by the second. I stopped by from SITS and now I need to go fix breakfast. Have a happy SITS day!

     

  8. Kari Said,

    Oh wow! These look amazing and sound easy enough that even I could make them. Thanks for sharing!