Baked Lemon Spaghetti

Posted by Lindsey On 9:35 AM



It's really bad but I haven't really made a homemade meal in weeks. So last night as it was snowing like crazy I decided to make something that would make us think of warmer weather. I saw this baked spaghetti on The Pioneer Woman's blog awhile ago and have been wanting to try it. It was really nice to have such a nice "lemony" dinner. Very refreshing and tasty!!! Bonus points for Pioneer Woman cause Ben loved this!!


Baked Lemon Spaghetti
from Pioneer Woman Cooks





Ingredients

1 pound Thin Spaghetti
4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 whole Lemon, Juiced And Zested
2 cups Sour Cream
½ teaspoons Kosher Salt, Or More To Taste
Plenty Of Grated Parmesan Cheese
Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped
Extra Lemon Juice

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook spaghetti until al dente.

In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over LOW HEAT. When butter is melted, add minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Turn off heat.

Add sour cream and stir mixture together. Add lemon zest and salt. Taste, then add more salt if necessary. Pour mixture over drained spaghetti and stir together, then pour spaghetti into an oven safe dish.

Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. (Don’t bake too long or the pasta will dry out.)

When you remove it from the oven, squeeze a little more lemon juice over the top. Top generously with Parmesan cheese, then chopped parsley. Give it a final squeeze of lemon juice at the end.

8 Response to "Baked Lemon Spaghetti"

  1. Michele Said,

    This sounds amazing! I'm thinking that it would be great to add in some black olives and red peppers as well. Will have to give it a try over the weekend.

     

  2. Misty Said,

    Interesting - what's the texture like once its baked?

     

  3. Helene Said,

    I would never think to cook spaghetti with lemon but the recipe actually looks really good!!

    Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from SITS...happy Saturday!

     

  4. Florrie Said,

    Happy SITS Saturday sharefest!
    This recipe looks divine!!! I can't wait to try it.....and I can't wait to have a look around your blog....I'm always in need of some new recipes.
    Have a great day!

    http://365daysofthegoodthebadtheugly.blogspot.com/

     

  5. Holly Said,

    Happy SITS Sharefest! Yum..baked Lemon Spaghetti. I have the book, but have not looked through it yet. I'm going to try this one.
    Holly @ 504 Main

     

  6. Rachel Said,

    sounds really yummy - light and fresh! Happy SITS Saturday share fest! Glad I found you. =)

     

  7. Lindsay Said,

    Oh my goodness, this is one of my favorite PW recipes! I make it all the time! It is so light and tasty.

     

  8. Meg Said,

    I've made this before and it is heavenly! Even my kids love it! In fact, I've never tried a PW recipe that I didn't like...must have something to do with everything she uses is low-fat...ha ha! Have a great day!