Happy New Year 2010!

Posted by Lindsey On 7:24 PM



This past year has been filled with lots good for Ben and I. I was busy with school and work and Ben was making me proud going to work everyday and working so hard so I can finish school and only work part time. We had lots of fun with Daphne and celebrated her first doggie birthday. We also celebrated our third wedding anniversary and of course I spent a lot of time blogging this year. Here is a list of favorites from every month this year.

January
Gruyere and Swiss Mac with Basil and Pine Nuts


I know my pictures were horrible just a year ago, I have learned so much about food photography in the past year. Anyways this was a favorite in our house. A grown up mac and cheese!

February
Asian Short Ribs


A great crock pot recipe. Perfect for this cold nights. We love short ribs in this house!

March
Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Cookies


These cookies are really tasty. Ben and I both love them. We have made them more than once. Perfect cookies for any kid in your life.

April
Crab and Morel Risotto


I made this for the Marx Food Morel Recipe Challenge, I didn't win, but Ben and I sure did enjoy this amazing risotto.

May
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie


This pie is the perfect pie to make for a summer bbq. You can really get creative when making the top crust.

June
Watermelon Lime Sorbet


I remember this is one of the first things I made with my ice cream maker. The sweetness of the watermelon was amazing with the tartness of the lime. Yum! How many more months till Summer?

July
M&M Kit Kat Birthday Cake


Ben still talks about his birthday cake. He was floored when he first saw it. I think he is going to have me make it for him every year. It is very easy to make and assemble so it will be no problem.


August
Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcakes


I love the combo of chocolate and fleur de sel and adding caramel to the mix is just b-a-n-a-n-a-s!!! Amazing!!!

September
Easy No Knead Dutch Oven Bread


This summer I was all about making homemade bread. This recipe is easy, but it takes patience (waiting for it to rise, etc) but really tasty. All of you who are afraid to try to make homemade bread, this is a good starter recipe.

October
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes


It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time. These cupcakes are so fun and kids love them. My big kid, Ben aka hubby went crazy over these.

November
Bacon Wrapped Apricots with Sage


These take like 5 minutes to assemble and they are little bites of perfection.

DecemberCrescent Wrapped Brie with Berries and Chocolate


I think through out the whole time I have had my blog, I have had the most interest by readers in this recipe. I can't even tell you how many people have told me they have made or are making this. This appetizer is amazing! You must try it!!!

I wish all my readers lots of happiness and health in the next year. Oh and of course lots of yummy food!!


3 Response to "Happy New Year 2010!"

  1. Lindsay Said,

    What a yummy year! Jake got me a dutch oven for Christmas, so I can't wait to make that bread!

     

  2. Misty Said,

    It's amazing what good lighting will do for your pictures, isn't it? Looking forward to next year!

     

  3. Kim Said,

    You are a cooking machine! Everything looks so wonderful. I am stopping by from SITS and am enjoying my tour around your blog.