C is for cookie....

Posted by Lindsey On 11:24 AM



And that's good enough for me!

Growing up I loved Sesame Street and watched all the time. My third birthday was even a sesame street themed party. I can't believe that the show has been on the air so many years and today kids are still loving and growing up with this show. Anyways the reason I am talking Sesame Street is because as I was making these cookies all I could think of was this is a type of cookie that the cookie monster would love. It is filled with peanut butter, M&M's, oats, and chocolate chips. Kids love these cookies and they are fun to make. But remember boys and girls, "cookies are only a "sometimes food." ;)


Monster Cookies
from The Food Network




Ingredients
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins, optional
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.

In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store in large resealable plastic bags.

3 Response to "C is for cookie...."

  1. Amy Said,

    I just finished making some Monster Cookies! I make them every Christmas! These look great!

    -Amy
    www.singforyoursupperblog.com

     

  2. Stopping by from SITS. I voted! LOL and those cookies...oh my. I'm such a "cookie monster". I'd scarf 'em right now, right now if they were in front of me! LOL

    Hey! You should totally come to my blog for my Christmas Goodies Recipe Exchange (Dec. 15th) and link up! I'm using McLinkey.

    Christmas Goodies Recipe Exchange

     

  3. Hilary Said,

    I've never left a comment on here (or any blog!), but we LOVE these cookies! I made these for my family and we all loved them. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!