Spiced Pumpkin Apple Bread

Posted by Lindsey On 2:51 PM



I know your asking yourself, she is making another pumpkin recipe?? What can I say I am truly obsessed. Even as I am typing this post up I am enjoying a pumpkin ale. I saw this recipe earlier today and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to make it to our taste. It just came out of the oven and tastes great with some melted butter. I truly wish Fall would last longer so I can enjoy all of these pumpkin treats longer, but living in Chicago means winter is right around the corner. Anyways try this bread out and don't worry about the calories and such, it is pretty healthy for you!


Spiced Pumpkin Apple Bread
Adapted from Chef In You





Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat bran
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup canola oil ( or any other vegetable oil)
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
1 medium honeycrisp apple, peeled and diced
1/2 cup pepita seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds

Directions
Preheat Oven to 350F. Sift the flour, salt, sugar and baking soda together. Then add the wheat bran.

In another bowl, mix the pumpkin,oil,egg whites,water and spices together. Healthy Spiced Pumpkin Bread Recipe

Slowly combine the wet ingredients with the dry stirring gently. Add the apple and fold in.

Pour into a well greased loaf pan. Top it off with pepitas and seeds.

Bake for about an hour or until a skewer inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.

Let it sit for few minutes and then turn it out into a wire rack to cool.


3 Response to "Spiced Pumpkin Apple Bread"

  1. I am currently enjoying a pumpkin apple bread while reading this post! A different recipe, but same concept. Too delicious.

     

  2. Healthy Mom Said,

    Looks really good!!!!!!!!!

     

  3. This looks AMAZING! I will definitely be copying this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing. :0)

    Have a fantastic afternoon!

    Blessings,

    Teresa <><

    http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/