Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Posted by Lindsey On 9:04 AM



When I say that I am going to make a homemade dinner I really mean it. We had this for dinner last night and I used the homemade bbq sauce I made earlier and the brioche buns I had made the previous night. I also made a red cabbage slaw to garnish the sandwich. It was quick to make (apparently too quick, as I cut my cabbage way too big) This recipe is a favorite in our house and we make it often. It makes a ton and we will be eating these sandwiches for days to come, which is great because I love them, especially with the homemade sauce!


Root Beer Pulled Pork
Adapted from Allrecipes




Ingredients

1 (3 pound) pork butt roast
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
1 medium onion, cut into quarters
2 cups BBQ Sauce
Brioche Burger Buns
Salt
Pepper

Directions
Season pork with Salt and Pepper. Place the pork butt and onion in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.


Red Cabbage Slaw
from Oprah.com



Ingredients

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 head red cabbage , cored and thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
1/2 small red onion , grated on the large holes of a box grater
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, orange juice, and sugar; drizzle in olive oil while whisking constantly. Assemble slaw by adding cabbage and onion to bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 Response to "Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches"

  1. Hi, stopping in from SITS.

    Does the root beer help to tenderize the meat? My husband loves pulled pork, I just don't think I will tell him about the root beer.