Pumpkin Black Bean Quesadilla

Posted by Lindsey On 8:55 AM



I made this for dinner last night. Ben said he wanted to do his own thing for dinner (meaning he didn't want to eat healthy)so I just made this up as I went. It turned out very good and I think the creaminess of the goat cheese went very well with the pumpkin and black beans. Don't be afraid of these flavors together, cause they seriously rock! It was the best dinner I have had in awhile.


Pumpkin Black Bean Quesadilla
from Me




Ingredients
1 whole wheat tortilla
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup black beans
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Green Chile Salt (I actually got this from Marx Foods, it was amazing! If you dont' have this you can substitute regular salt)
Pepper


Directions

Mix pumpkin, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper in small bowl. Then spread over whole wheat tortilla. Add the black beans and goat cheese to one side of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half.

Heat quesadilla in a large skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Turn tortilla over and repeat for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.

9 Response to "Pumpkin Black Bean Quesadilla"

  1. Erin Said,

    Your husband really missed out, this looks super tasty!

     

  2. yum...that looks good....Ive never had the pumpkin and black bean combo...Ill have to try this!

     

  3. Holly Said,

    I would have never thought of this...it sounds yummy though - we love pumpkin over here...going to try it! Thanks so much for stopping by my wedding blog. Happy STS Sharefest Saturday to you!

    Holly @ 504Main.blogspot.com

     

  4. Dreamgirl Said,

    Yummy! That looks really good (and unusual!). GOod luck on your diet... I'm on one too.

    WIshing you a fabulous and healthy week:-)

     

  5. Lindsey Said,

    What a fabulous recipe - and so perfect for the fall! I'm going to try making this along with some apple pumpkin spice cake for dessert - I'll make sure to post it! What a treat!

     

  6. oh it takes my breath away! i'm hungry!!!
    justyna

     

  7. Freshly grated raw pumpkin could be used in this recipe as well!

    Looks wonderful, great choice of combination of foods!

     

  8. Christine Said,

    Wow! I thought I wouldn't like this much, but it's GREAT! I didn't have goat cheese so I used some white cheddar, and it was perfect. I also added a tsp of green chiles to the pumpkin mixture, since I definitely don't have green chile salt. Great job, Lindsey! Can't wait to make these again!!

     

  9. mariahsmile Said,

    Tried this last night and it was so good! Thanks for the recipe!