Pomegranate Steel Cut Oats with Dark Chocolate

Posted by Lindsey On 9:57 AM



Two foodie things I love about fall are pumpkin (obviously, I mean take a look at my blog lol) and that pomegranates are in season. I have been on a roll with pomegranate recipes the past few days. I made some pomegranate chicken the other night and had some leftover pomegranate molasses and seeds so as I was making breakfast this morning I got creative and made this. I am so glad I did, because it was amazing. I added some dark chocolate because I thought it would go great with the tartness of the pomegranate. If you don't have pomegranate molasses then you can make your own (I did, and it was really easy.)


Pomegranate Steel Cut Oats
from me



Ingredients

2 cups water
1/2 cup Organic Steel Cut Oats
1.5 Tablespoons pomegranate molasses. Recipe follows
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1 oz chopped dark chocolate, optional

Directions
Bring Water to a boil in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Slowly stir in the steel cut oats. When oatmeal begins to thicken (about 5 minutes) reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Add pomegranate molasses and half of the seeds and mix in. Garnish with chocolate and the rest of the seeds.

Pomegranate Molasses
from Simply Recipes


Ingredients

4 cups pomegranate juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice

Directions
In a large, uncovered saucepan, heat pomegranate juice, sugar, and lemon juice on medium high until the sugar has dissolved and the juice simmers. Reduce heat just enough to maintain a simmer. Simmer for about an hour, or until the juice has a syrupy consistency, and has reduced to 1 to 1 1/4 cups. Pour out into a jar. Let cool. Store chilled in the refrigerator.

If you want your pomegranate molasses to be sweeter, add more sugar to taste, while you are cooking it.

4 Response to "Pomegranate Steel Cut Oats with Dark Chocolate"

  1. melslatt Said,

    Very creative and delicious looking!

     


  2. I must try this!! Thanks!

     

  3. Bethie Said,

    That looks delicious, I think it was the dark chocolate that got me!