Ginger Pumpkin Truffles

Posted by Lindsey On 7:16 AM



Happy Halloween!! I haven't been blogging much this past week because I got a job! I have been looking for one for a long time and am grateful and so happy that now I have one. I am working at a pasta place and they are going to cross train me on everything, so I will get experience doing all of it! It is part time, so I will still have time for blogging and to finish up school. I know this is silly, but I register for classes the last time ever on Monday then I graduate in May. It is coming so soon and I can't wait! I wanted to make something special for halloween and I had some Ginger-O's from Newman's Own Organics and I came up with this.

Ginger Pumpkin Truffles
Adapted from Kraft foods




Ingredients


1 pkg. Ginger-O Cookies, finely crushed (You can also use Golden Oreos instead, and up the ginger quantity in the recipe)
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 pkg. (8 squares each) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
Crushed Pecans for garnish

Directions

Mix 3 cups of the cookie crumbs,cream cheese, and pumpkin until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls.

Melt chocolate over double boiler, add in cinnamon and ginger. Mix. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with pecans.

Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

4 Response to "Ginger Pumpkin Truffles"

  1. Cindy Said,

    Those look so yummy! I think I'd really like them.

     


  2. Those sound sooo good! All of my favorite flavors wrapped up into one scrumptious bite- I'll have to try them!

     

  3. These look fantastic! They make me wish that I wasn't giving up chocolate right now!

    Stopping in from SITS.