Apple Pumpkin Chili

Posted by Lindsey On 3:58 PM


Check out this contest Marx Foods is having. (Mine is the Pumpkin Black Quesadilla)




The past few days have been absolutely miserable outside! I love Chicago, but it feels like winter when it should be fall. I told you guys before how I was craving chili, so when I saw this recipe a few days ago, I bookmarked it right away. I mean pumpkin and chili, seriously what can be bad about that?? Nothing! This chili is hearty and very flavorful. I am so glad that I found this recipe. I will be making it again this winter for sure.


Apple Pumpkin Chili
from Proceed with Caution


Ingredients

1 pound ground turkey, browned in a skillet
2 cans (15 oz each) white beans
1.5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, cleaned, and sliced
4 slices bacon, browned and crumbled or chopped
One medium shallot, diced
1 granny smith apple, diced
1/2 of a 14oz can pumpkin puree (about 1 cup)
2.5 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon dried sage
2 teaspoons coriander
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon thyme
(Optional) equal parts arrowroot or cornstarch and chicken broth, for thickening
Grated gouda cheese, for topping

Directions
Combine all except thickener and cheese in a crock pot. Stir to mix ingredients. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6. Add thickener if desired and heat on high for a few minutes to thicken sauce. Serve, topping with grated gouda.

4 Response to "Apple Pumpkin Chili"

  1. TPOX Said,

    yay! I am so glad you liked it! I am slowly stocking the freezer with chili and this one is next on my list :-)

     

  2. gaga Said,

    What a great combo of fall flavors. Looks delicious!

     

  3. Kevin Said,

    Pumpkin chili is good. I will have to try adding some apple next time.

     

  4. Christina Said,

    I love that bowl!

    Pumpkin chili sounds pretty delicious. It seems that there is no limit to what you can make with pumpkin!