Watermelon Pineapple Salsa

Posted by Lindsey On 11:26 AM

I wanted to make something refreshing for lunch today so I made this recipe. This recipe is great on top of grilled chicken (which I had), or fish. It was very refreshing and tasty, perfect for those hot summer days.

Watermelon Pineapple Salsa
Adapted from Rachel Ray and Meet Me in the Kitchen



Ingredients
1/2 small seedless watermelon, flesh chopped
1 cup diced pineapple
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
Juice of 2 limes
Zest of 1 lime
Salt and Pepper

Directions
In a bowl, combine the watermelon, green bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, lime juice and zest and season with a little salt and pepper. Stir to combine.

6 Response to "Watermelon Pineapple Salsa"


  1. Hi Lindsey
    It was very nice to meet you at the Foodbuzz TRU dining experience.
    I have added your blog to my list.
    Looking forward to your blogpost about TRU.

    Good luck in Culinary school...I hope to eat your food at a resto soon...!

    This salsa looks amazing...I have a pineapple and a watermelon chilling in my fridge now.
    Take care,
    Terrie

     

  2. Katie Said,

    Lindsey - I know who you are! :) It was so nice to meet you and you are also in my reader! Let me know how you like COD I was thinking about taking the certificate class there.

     

  3. glamah16 Said,

    Thanks for visitng. Last night was awesome. Love this salsa. Joelen has put together a Chicago Gastro Blogger meetup for us. So I hope we can see more of each other.

     

  4. Heather Said,

    nice meeting you last night! cute blog! and that salsa makes me want more than my puny lunch....

     

  5. utiuwku Said,

    Great job of putting your blog together! Must be very rewarding and a lot of fun for you. Tim England