Jenn's "Ratatouille"

Posted by Lindsey On 2:24 PM

I recently found a great grocery store with amazing prices on produce. I stocked up on veggies, esp tomatoes so I thought this recipe would be a great way to use them up. I added garlic to the recipe, because lets face it I always add garlic, I am addicted! This recipe is very good and if you ever get a chance check out Jenn's blog, she has some amazing recipes and takes the greatest photos.

Jenn's "Ratatouille"
from Jenn Cuisine




Ingredients

1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 summer squash, thinly sliced
1 tomato, thinly sliced
salt
2 tbs. EVOO
1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
splash of sherry
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 tbs. dried basil, dried sage
salt, pepper, EVOO

Directions

Lay out slices of the zucchini, squash and tomatoes and salt them. Let them sit for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F.

In a small pan, heat EVOO and add onion. Cook til transleucent. Add garlic and let cook for a minute or two. Then add in tomato paste, herbs, salt and pepper, and cook for a couple minutes more, making sure everything is mixed well.

Spread tomato onion mixture into bottom of a shallow baking pan, and layer vegetables on top. I also added salt, pepper, and some sage.

Bake for an hour or so, until the veggies are soft. Once you take it out of the oven, drizzle it with EVOO.

4 Response to "Jenn's "Ratatouille""


  1. Joelen Said,

    This and your recent recipes all look wonderful! Looks delicious and colorful! I've been on a slight commenting hiatus with my busy schedule lately... but it's great to catch up and see what's cooking in your kitchen!

     

  2. biz319 Said,

    That looks so fresh and perfect for summer!

    I wish I liked sliced tomatoes! :(