Watermelon Lime Sorbet

Posted by Lindsey On 6:33 PM

I needed to find a way to use up lots of watermelon. We bought a whole watermelon and Ben doesn't enjoy it as much as me, so I didn't want all of it to go bad, so I found this recipe and thought I would try it out. It turned out fantastic, tart and sweet and very refreshing.


Watermelon Lime Sorbet
Adapated from this recipe




Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/8 cup lemon juice
Juice and zest from 4 limes ( You can use less if you don't want too much lime taste)
3 cups watermelon

Directions
Cook the sugar, water, lemon juice, lime juice and zest together, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and chill. Cut up the watermelon and remove all seeds. Puree in a blender or food processor. Stir into chilled syrup. Freeze in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Pack into an airtight container and store in the freezer.

Category : edit post

1 Response to "Watermelon Lime Sorbet"

  1. Joelen Said,

    Hope you submit this to June's Tasty Tools blogging adventure! Details are in my blog's left sidebar!