Strawberry Pretzel Salad

Posted by Lindsey On 10:36 AM

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!! We had a cookout last night and I made this for dessert. I had never made it before and it turned out to be a crowd pleaser. We are going to be pretty busy this summer. This summer I am taking a summer class, its the first and only summer class I am taking. I only have 3 more classes until I get my associates in Culinary Arts! I also have to do my internship. I am looking at some places downtown and some nice places in the Chicago suburbs. Ben is busy working all summer and Daphne is going to turn 1 next month! We are planning on going to Mackinac Island this summer also, which should be fun. Ben has been there many times and I have never been there. Anyways I hope everyone has a great summer ahead of them and expect to see many fun recipes on here in the coming weeks.

Strawberry Pretzel Salad
From Kraft Foods






Ingredients

2 cups finely crushed pretzels
1/2 cup sugar, divided
2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1-1/2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. milk
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
2 cups boiling water
1 pkg. (6 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
1-1/2 cups cold water
1 qt. (4 cups) strawberries, sliced


Directions


HEAT oven to 350°F.

MIX pretzel crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Bake 10 min. Cool.

BEAT cream cheese, remaining sugar and milk until blended. Stir in COOL WHIP; spread over crust. Refrigerate.

ADD boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression). Stir in strawberries; spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.

Category : edit post

3 Response to "Strawberry Pretzel Salad"

  1. Carrie Said,

    I have never had this either but I really want to make it. This summer I will have too.

     

  2. Cindy Said,

    I had a friend in nurse's training that used to make this, I forgot about it, what a great recipe!

     

  3. Cassie Said,

    This is one of my all-time favorite summer desserts! So delicious.

    You will LOVE Mackinac Island, as I'm sure your husband has told you. It's one of my favorite places in the world!