Cake Batter Ice Cream

Posted by Lindsey On 11:50 AM

I recently got the ice cream maker attachment for my kitchen aid mixer. I knew the first kind of ice cream I wanted to make because Ben and I both love birthday cake remix from cold stone and birthday cake ice cream from oberweis, so I saw this recipe on Carrie's blog and knew Ben and I would love it, and we did!! Very good! Homemade ice cream is seriously the best!

Cake Batter Ice Cream
From Carrie's Sweet Life






Ingredients

  • 1 cup whole milk, well chilled
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup yellow cake mix (I used butter yellow as thats what I had on hand)
Directions

In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved.

Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.

Stir in cake mix, making sure there are no lumps.

Pour mixture into the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker and let mix until it has thickened (about 25-30 minutes).

Remove ice cream from freezer bowl and place into a separate container.

Place freezer bowl and the ice cream into the freezer to further harden.

Category : edit post

3 Response to "Cake Batter Ice Cream"

  1. Carrie Said,

    I love the addition of sprinkles to it!

     

  2. Cindy Said,

    I have been eyeballing that kitchen aid ice cream bowl, do you love it? Really and truly, or is it just OK???

     

  3. B Said,

    Did it end up tasting like Cold Stone's?