Pumpkin Risotto

Posted by Lindsey On 5:01 PM

I have been on a risotto kick lately and when I saw this recipe on Lauren's Kitchen, I knew I had to try it. Pumpkin is one of my all time favorite things about fall. I love anything pumpkin so I knew I would love this, and I did!!! It had great flavor and is a great side dish for your fall cooking.



Pumpkin Risotto

Ingredients:

* 1 tbsp. butter
* 1 small yellow onion, minced
* salt and ground black pepper
* 1 c. arborio rice
* 1/4 c. dry white wine
* 2 c. warmed chicken stock
* 3/4 c. canned pumpkin puree
* 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese

In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, season with salt and pepper. Toss to begin cooking. Add rice, toast for 2 minutes. Add white wine and cook until the liquid is evaporated.
Add 1/3 c. chicken stock, stirring in between additions, about every 3 minutes.

After all of the stock is absorbed, add the canned pumpkin. Turn heat to low and let the rice cook and pumpkin absorb into the rice.

Add parmesan cheese, stir, and plate.

Category : edit post

0 Response to "Pumpkin Risotto"