Mango and Black Bean Salad

Posted by Lindsey On 2:48 PM

Ben and I have been trying to watch what we eat. So tonight we are having burgers and instead of making fries, I saw this recipe in Cooking Light and decided to give it a try. I just made it and let me tell you, it is the best thing I have tasted in a long while. I love the way lime and cilantro tastes together, and adding black beans and mango, could only make it better. I plan on making this again really soon. I can see it becoming a new staple in our home.


Mango and Black Bean Salad
from Cooking Light


Ingredients

1 1/2 cups chopped peeled ripe mango
1 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup cooked wild or brown rice (I used only 1/4 cup)
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons roasted tomatillo or fresh salsa
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil (I used only 1 tablespoon)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (15-ounce) can organic no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained

Preparation
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss gently to mix.
Yield

6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)

2 Response to "Mango and Black Bean Salad"

  1. Linds Said,

    I LOVE black bean salad! I made mine tonight as well, but this recipe looks delicious. I have seen it made with pineapple, but never mango. I will def have to give this a try. Thanks for posting and for you review :)

     

  2. jj Said,

    Now that looks very healthy and tasty!