Egg Drop Soup

Posted by Lindsey On 6:45 PM

Today was a miserable day in Chicago, pouring rain all day. I was originally going to make garlic chicken, but as the day went on and the more it rained the more I decided that it should be a soup night instead. I LOVE egg drop soup, however I have never tried to make it on my own. This recipe was very good! Perfect for this cold lousy day!



Egg Drop Soup
I got the recipe from the Blog, A little slice of Sanity

4 cups chicken broth, divided
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (I used green onions and I used more than 2 tablespoons, probably more like 4 or 5)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 eggs

Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth, and pour the rest into a large saucepan. Stir the salt, ginger, and chives into the broth. Bring mixture to a rolling boil. In a cup or small bowl, stir the remaining broth and cornstarch together; stir slowly into saucepan until broth is the desired consistency.

In a small bowl, whisk eggs with a fork. Drizzle egg a bit at a time from the fork into boiling broth mixture. Egg should cook immediately!

Serves 4.

0 Response to "Egg Drop Soup"