Cinnamon Pancakes

Posted by Lindsey On 11:33 AM

Ben and I try to cook breakfast together every Sunday. Today we decided to make Cinnamon Pancakes and they turned out great. I tweaked a recipe from my Better Homes and Garden cookbook.



Cinnamon Pancakes


Ingredients

1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon (I used a lot, we love cinnamon flavor, if you don't want your pancakes to be too "cinnamony" then just add less)
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 beaten egg
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons cooking oil

Directions


1. In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture; set aside.

2. In another medium mixing bowl combine the egg, milk, and cooking oil. Add egg mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just till moistened. Batter should be lumpy.

3. For standard-size pancakes, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. For dollar-size pancakes, pour about 1 tablespoon batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or till pancakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry. Serve warm.

3 Response to "Cinnamon Pancakes"

  1. Katie Said,

    Yummy! I LOVE pancakes!

     

  2. jj Said,

    These sound delicious. I always add cinnamon when I cheat and make pancakes from a box mix (gasp, I know!!) 'cuz I love that cinnamon taste in them, too. This recipe sounds great. Thanks!

     

  3. Jennyfer Said,

    Stumbled upon this recipe on your blog this morning. I'm having a cranky day and just want pancakes. This looks perfect. :)