Salsa and Black Bean Soup

Posted by Lindsey On 1:06 PM

I saw this recipe on Annie's Blog, Annie's Eats and have been wanting to try it for awhile now.
Today is a very dreary day out and I thought this soup would be perfect for a filling lunch/dinner since I have class all night.

Black Bean and Salsa Soup
Originally from Allrecipes

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1.5 c. vegetable broth
1 c. salsa
1 t. cumin
sour cream, green onion, shredded cheese for garnishing

Directions:
Combine beans, broth, salsa and cumin in a food processor. Blend until fairly smooth. Heat soup in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Put soup in bowls and garnish as desired.



I halved the recipe and added about 1/2 cup of roasted corn to the soup while it was heating on the stove. I didn't have any sour cream on hand so I just topped it with some colby jack shredded cheese. This was very filling and easy to make. It took me less than 10 minutes to make it. I highly suggest you try this recipe.

Category : edit post

2 Response to "Salsa and Black Bean Soup"

  1. Sarah Said,

    I think I marked this recipe on Annie's blog, and now I've marked it again. I really must get around to trying the recipe.

     

  2. MrsPresley Said,

    i've been meaning to try this recipe since i saw it on annie's blog too! glad to hear you liked it too :)