Chocolate Dumplings

Posted by Lindsey On 3:53 PM

I participated in an recipe exchange on the nest and this is the recipe I got, I made it this afternoon and I must say they are AMAZING!!!! We just ate them plain, but they would be amazing with some ice cream! Definitely a great chocolate fix and very easy to make! I halfed the recipe.

Chocolate Dumplings

By Grandma Edith (a classic family recipe)

Syrup:

1 C Sugar

3 C Water

1/8 Tsp Salt

1 ½ Squares Bakers Chocolate

Dumplings:

¼ C Crisco (I use Butter)

¼ C Sugar

2 ½ Tsp Baking Powder

3 Tbsp Cocoa

½ Tsp Salt

1 C Flour

1 Tsp Cinnamon

½ C Milk



Combine Sauce ingredients in 2 quart saucepan. Heat until all solids are dissolved and syrup is formed.

In a small mixing bowl beat Crisco and Sugar. In another bowl combine all other dry ingredients.

Add this mixture alternating with Milk to Crisco/Sugar mixture.

Once mixed, drop by spoonfuls into syrup. Cover and cook 25 min on low heat.

The syrup becomes a pudding that can be served over the dumplings and topped with either whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.




3 Response to "Chocolate Dumplings"

  1. MrsPresley Said,

    wow, this sounds so good!

     

  2. Paula A Said,

    Yay! I found my recipe from the exchange. I am glad you liked them!

     

  3. Aninha Said,

    Loved your blog! My mouth seriously started watering the second I looked at the truffles! They look delicious!!! Btw, nice to meet you, I am Adam's girlfriend =]