This recipe has been going around on the nest boards for a long time and we have made it several times, but this is the first time I am blogging about it..We love it and this time it was very tasty and juicy, I used a flavor injector that I got for xmas to inject the pork with rootbeer as it cooked.
I served this with potatoes with parsley and white truffle oil...YUM!!!
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.