Banana Bread with Cherries

Posted by Lindsey On 5:48 PM

I made this today and it is very good. I used this recipe...

Cathy's Banana Bread



INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup mashed bananas
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1/4 cup margarine
* 1 1/3 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan, or two 7x3 inch loaf pans.
2. Combine banana and sour cream. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and banana mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the banana mixture. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan or pans.
3. Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.


The only changes I made was I added dried cherries to the batter before I baked it. It is a very good addition to the recipe. Very sweet and tart at the same time!

1 Response to "Banana Bread with Cherries"

  1. Jerry Said,

    What a great idea. I would never have thought of adding cherries. I have some bananas rotting away - guess what I am going to make?