Honey Pineapple Glazed Cornish Hens

Posted by Lindsey On 6:37 PM

I modifed a few recipes and came up with my own...



Honey Pineapple Glazed Cornish Hens

2 cornish hens
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup chicken stock
juice of one can of crushed pineapple
half of a can of crushed pineapple
5 garlic cloves minced
4 tablespoons of butter


Add honey, chicken stock, pineapple, pineapple juice and garlic to a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stiring occasionally. Turn off the heat and let marinade cool to room temperature. Season cornish hens with salt and pepper. I put the cornish hens into a large ziplock bag and added the marinade and let it marinate over night. When ready to cook heat oven to 400 degrees. I put about 2 tablespoons of butter into the cavity of the hens.. I also put some chicken stock into the bottom of the roasting pan to keep the hens juicy when being cooked. I cooked them for 55 minutes, keeping them covered with aluminum foil until the last 15 minutes. They turned out very juicy and yummy!

I served these with stuffing and corn on the cob.

We had plenty of leftovers also!

0 Response to "Honey Pineapple Glazed Cornish Hens"