- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the center of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, milk, and oil. Pour into well of flour mixture and stir well. Stir just until ingredients are moistened.
- In a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into batter.
- Cook batter in waffle iron.
I tweaked it a bit and added some vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and orange peel. They turned out great and really fluffy! We will definitely be adding this recipe to our collection.
I served it with turkey sausage and watermelon.