I made this last week...my mom makes the best lasagna and i was craving it so I decided to try this recipe out...it turned out good, but not as good as my moms. here is the recipe....
Crock Pot Lasagna
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lg. onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 lg. jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 pkgs. no-boil lasagna noodles
- 16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan/ Romano Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Brown the beef, onion and garlic in a little oil in a frying pan. Drain off any grease.
2. Add the spaghetti sauce into browned meat mixture. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, milk, and egg. Beat until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Then mix in the mozzarella cheese and the grated cheese, so that all the cheeses are combined.
4. Grease the slow cooker with some vegetable shortening on the bottom and sides.
5. Put about 1/4 of the meat and sauce mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker. Put a layer of noodles on top of that. Put about 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of that. Then repeat with sauce, noodles, cheese for another 2 layers. Top with meat sauce. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until noodles are tender.